[nsp] Viking flash in RSP4? - Some Work, Some Don't...?

Richard J.Sears rsears at adnc.com
Mon Sep 15 10:53:47 EDT 2003

We tried using a SANDISK CF 64MB Card with a PCMCIA converter card.

We used them in our 7507 and 7513's, but we ran into a very interesting
problem during the process.

We plugged in a 128MB CF card in to the PCMCIA converter, plugged it
into the router and formatted it no problem. It was great...we were on
the track to upgrade all of the routers.

So we headed down to the local computer store, picked up 4 SANDISK 64MB
CampactFlash cards (as opposed to 128) and came back. Funny thing, only
one of those cards worked in the routers. We tried switching the pcmcia
converter, same result...the one card worked, the other 3 did not.

We put the other three into a digital camera we had, formatted it and
they all worked great. Back in the router - they failed.

It took us going through 15 cards to get 4 that worked.

Even though the other cards would work in other equipment, they would
not work in the router.

Has anyone else see this before....?

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:48:17 -0500
"Ejay Hire" <ejay.hire at isdn.net> wrote:

> Hi Jeff.
>
> These are ATA cards, so you have to call them "DiskX:" instead of
> "SlotX:".  I know these work in the 72xx/75xxs, please let me know if
> they work in the RSP4s.  This command should do what you want. "format
> disk1:"
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> (plug)
> If anyone would like some of these, I have 5 48 MB sandisk cards
> (formatted and tested in a 7204) that I'm getting ready to ebay.  If you
> need many, I can get a whole lot more within 2-3 days.
> (/Plug)
>
> Ejay Hire
> EjayHire at hotmail.com

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Digital Network
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."