[nsp] remapping VLAN IDs between .1q trunk ports on the 3550?

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Mon Sep 22 10:54:49 EDT 2003

Sean Mathias said the following on 21/09/2003 10:06 AM:
> Well, I don't believe the 3550 has precisely what you are looking for.
> The best/closest it can offer from my understanding would be
> double-tagging in 802.1q tunneling.  I understand your dilemma and
> scenario, but this really is an access switch, not what I expect to be
> used as a PE/PE device.
>
> However, as new as this platform is, the code is being enhanced fairly
> regularly.
>
> Sean

The other responses I've had off-list sofar have all been of the order
of "we had to use a bunch of access ports and physical patches between
PE switches", which is of course the way we have to do this now.

Does anyone know a way to remap VLANs other than physical patches and
access ports (on any platform)?  802.1q tunneling isn't an option as it
doesn't fit with the architecture available to us.

-afort

[snip]