[nsp] HSRP 6500/SUP2

Charles Von Dartmooth charlesvondartmooth at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 14:33:04 EDT 2003

Greetings,

 I am interested in setting up HSRP with 2 6500
SUP2-MSFC2 which provider L3 connectivity for a lan
enviornment to the rest of the network. There are a
few hundered VLANs setup. Given the 16 group
limitation on the SUP2, what is the best way to set it
up so that redudancy can be provided to each
individual VLAN without effecting the rest of them?
(IE I wish to shutdown 1 vlan on 1 switch, without the
other taking over for all the rest.) How are the VLANs
tied toghter if I use 1 group for all?

TIA, Charles