[nsp] Router dumping core

james hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Wed Sep 24 12:23:50 EDT 2003

:
: You are running out of memory on the box.  Check your config, are you
: getting swamped with ICMPS?  Are you blocking ICMPS using route-maps as
: Cisco suggets because of Nachi/Blaster ?
:
: -Matt

Thanks  Matt, Worms are well controlled throughout our network
via ACL's and route-maps, as needed. Net Flow supports that this condition is
under control. Our upstreams are also helping in this.

You are right, however, that we are running out of memory. It is due to the bug
I mentioned. The overnight IOS upgrade went well elsewhere on our network
and this router gets done tonight.

Thanks to all the people who mailed me on and off the list, your ideas were very helpful.

James Edwards
Routing and Security Administrator
jamesh at cybermesa.com
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
Phone support 365 days till 10 pm via the Santa Fe office:
505-988-9200 or Toll Free: 888-988-2700
SIP:1(747)669-1965