[c-nsp] ISP POP Location - Blocking Ports - Advice

james at thehamptonfamily.us james at thehamptonfamily.us
Tue Aug 3 11:08:35 EDT 2004

 We block all the Microsoft NetBios stuff and Bogons. I would like to
eventually set up SMTP Auth, but that can be a support nightmare when
first setting it up. Eventually I would like to set up an intrusion
detection system so we can see what ports the new viruses are using.
 Is there a way to hook an Intrusion detection system into an Expect
script so intrusive ports automatically get added to an ACL? Or is this
not a great idea, do to possible unexpected results (blocking valid
traffic,etc)
James