[c-nsp] CBWFQ support on dialer interfaces

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Aug 5 09:30:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 02:47:05PM +0200, lammerse at xs4all.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to run cbwfq on dialer interfaces, but I can't seem to find out the
> minimum ios requirements. Cisco's software advisor is down at the moment.
> Which one do I need?

I would go with the latest 12.3 mainline code to avoid:

CSCdw91605
Externally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
Dialer output queue wedge by CBWFQ

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk543/tk544/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094ad2.shtml

> Also, any positive or negative experiences with this kind of setup?

One gotcha I have seen is when you need MLPPP or not for this
to work in a PPPoX setup.  I'm pretty sure that was just for PPPoA.

For normal dial you don't have to have it.

Rodney