[c-nsp] Monitoring VBR VC's

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Thu Aug 12 10:12:24 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am running a Cisco 7206 VXR with IOS 12.2.2. We are using the box
primarily for DSL aggregation. We also have Frame Relay/ATM interworked
circuits coming in on ATM VC's.

The normal DSL customer is just provisioned with UBR. To give priority to
our T1 customers, we provision their VC's with VBR. The service works great
that way.

To the point... I know how to check the overall allocated VBR bandwidth, but
is there any way to actually monitor how much VBR based traffic is being
used compared to UBR.

Specifically, I need to see if the VBR customers are using too much of the
overall bandwidth pie and making the UBR customers suffer too much.

Besides doing something like SNMP monitoring of each VBR VC, I've not yet
found a way to monitor that use.

Thanks very much!

-Nick Voth