[c-nsp] 12000 Fabric Downloader

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Tue Aug 17 16:20:51 EDT 2004

Bootup is many times faster if you upgrade the fabric downloader on the
linecards after an
IOS upgrade. Transferring  the fabric downloader via the MBUS is slow and
has to be done one
linecard at a time. Transferring the fabric downloader via the switch fabric
is done in parallel.

I have done a lot of GSR IOS upgrades and I manually upgrade the fabric
downloaders after
the IOS upgrade. Sometimes the RP needs the boot firmware upgraded and I do
that last
before reloading again.