[c-nsp] OSPF Authentication

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Thu Aug 19 15:28:58 EDT 2004

hopefully, your bdr election runs as you expect .... NOT....

no, i think segment by segment is much better as it will segmetize the
election process
as the segments that have the auth configured will not be able to comm with
others...
this can get tricky as i've had to do this very thing before and its not as
easy as rob
seems to think...of course i USED to have comcast cable...the operative
words being 'used to'...
~piranha

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net]On Behalf Of
rwcrowe at comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:21 PM
To: Ivan Marakovic; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] OSPF Authentication

You could go around to all your routers and configure your keys on the
interfaces. There will be no interruption as you are just configuring keys
not enabling the authentication. Then after all the routers have their keys
configured, enable authentication, their will be a small disruption, but
this is why you have maintainence windows :)

--
Rob Crowe
rwcrowe at comcast.net