[c-nsp] Netflow export from 6500 w/sup-720

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Sun Aug 22 14:45:51 EDT 2004

I used this config to export netflow on a 6500/Sup2/MSFC2 with Native
IOS 12.1E. The following config will export flows hardware switched by
the Sup2. You have to enabled "ip route-cache flow" on each interface
if you want the software switched flows. The problem with enabling the
software switched flows is that the MSFC2 doesn't support sampled netflow.
Our netflow collector device (Arbor Peakflow DOS) can only support one
sampling rate per device. It would be nice if Cisco added sampled netflow
support to the MSFC2 software switched flows.

mls flow ip interface-full
mls nde sender version 5
mls nde interface
mls sampling packet-based 128 4096
interface X
   mls netflow sampling

ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5 origin-as
ip flow-export destination <host> <port>

Clinton Work                clinton at scripty.com
Airdrie, AB