[c-nsp] Carrier Supporting Carrier

Domiciano Alonso Fernández daf at ttd.net
Wed Aug 25 09:57:09 EDT 2004

Hello

Aditya Kaul wrote:

> Yes only Juniper does L2vpn/Vpls via MP-BGP.
> Right now i dont think Junos supports IPv4+labels,

JunOS 6.4r1 supports that (set protocols bgp family inet labeled-unicast)
I set up a couple of months ago a lab scenario for JunOS-IOS
interworking with inter-AS VPNs with:
· PE label distribution via labeled-IPv4 MPBGP between ASBR's
· VPN routes propagation between VPNv4 MPBGP between respective AS's
route-reflectors

...and I worked quite fine. No production experience, although

> Infact I had mailed a query on both J-NSP/Mpls-Ops with no response.
> The Junos can do Labeled unicast which is specific to L3Vpn's.
> As far as i know there is no road map for 8.x as junos is still in 6.4
> level.
>
> Rgds
> Aditya

Regards.