[c-nsp] 12.2 -> 12.2S upgrade and PA-2T3+ problem

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Tue Dec 7 02:45:34 EST 2004

Tonight I upgraded a router that was running c7200-p-mz.122-26.bin to
c7200-k91p-mz.122-25.S1.bin.
Before the upgrade one of its Serials was working fine, afterwards, its
down/down.  The serial is a port
on a PA-T3+.  The other port is working fine.  I diffed the configs,
and there were no changes that would cause operational problems.

I tried to reset the interface and still no go.  Its not a critical
interface, so I havent reverted back to 12.2 just yet, I am going to
try to figure out what happened here.  I did check "sh ip bgp sum"
right before the reload after the code change, and that interface was
definitely working.  Has anyone seen anything like this on 12.2S?

Brian