[c-nsp] 12.3.12 IOS / DHCP Server

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Tue Dec 14 06:18:10 EST 2004

Anyone running 12.3.12 with DHCP server?  Or, is there anything new in
12.3.12 code in regards to DHCP?

Here's my scenario...

3640 router acting as DHCP server to an outdoor wireless network.  This
has been up and running perfect for over a month.  Decided to upgrade
from 12.3.6 to 12.3.12 and when I did that most clients couldn't get an
IP address from the DHCP server all of a sudden...

To top it all off, some clients could get an IP assigned to them but
couldn't surf at all (including pinging the router that just game them
an IP).

Now, at first I thougt it was something in the wireless side of the
system (which is pure layer 2)... But I'm not so convinced...

Anyways, just looking for general feel on the stability of 12.3.12
and/or anything I should know..;)  Downgraded IOS to 12.3.9 and
everything works great again...

Paul