[c-nsp] Ramdom Sampled Netflow on 7200VXRs

Thomas Kernen thomas at ip-man.net
Tue Dec 14 10:15:39 EST 2004

Question to the team,

I'm trying to configure "random sampled netflow" on a 7200 (NPE-G1 FYI)
on GE interfaces (the built-in ones) running 12.2(25)S but it appears
that my 1 in a 100 rule is not being applied.

I've configured the following in the main config:

flow-sampler-map <blahblahblah>
 mode random one-out-of 100

On the inteface (gi0/1): I've added the following:
flow-sampler peakflow-collector

ip flow-export source FastEthernet3/0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination <ip add> 2055

Output if currently full netflow export and the flow-sampler is the
following:

 Sampler :<blahblahblah>, id : 1, packets matched : 0, mode : random
sampling mode
  sampling interval is : 100

So no match on the sampler.

I've tried with and without "ip flow ingress", also removed all netflow
related commands and started from scratch but still no success.

Any suggestions where I went wrong?

Cheers
Thomas