[c-nsp] Multilink PPP incorrect weights

Ben White ben at keme.net
Tue Dec 14 12:12:13 EST 2004

I'm looking for a way to fix some multilink PPP via L2TP issues I've
seen.

The problem I have is some connections are being sent from our L2TP
provider with incorrect connection speed values.

Eg. 2 * 2Mb links, one being established with the correct speed set
(2Mb) and one with the incorrect speed (155Mb).

They happily get bundled together, but the multilink load sharing puts
all of the outgoing traffic down the supposedly larger link and when
that's full it doesn't go onto the other link.

I've tried various fixes, manually setting bandwidth on the radius
profile/virtual-template etc, however it mostly gets ignored and the
negotiated values override it, other things only get applied to the
bundle interface and not the individual member links.

Getting the correct speed values sent with the connections isn't
possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben White