[c-nsp] help on NAT rate limiting

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Dec 28 16:54:33 EST 2004

Please provide more information so someone
can help answer your question:

Version of code (exactly)
Configuration you are using
etc..

There were a lot of NAT changes that went
it to 12.3(4)T for major scalability problems.
There were also different changes made to give
users the ability to do various rate limiting.
Here is a good page on it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d09f0.html

Defaults are not changed just for the heck of it
and any time you change a timer you can find a scenario
where it isn't the optimal value.

Rodney