[nsp] E1 R2

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Mon Feb 2 04:15:37 EST 2004

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Is it possible to get multiple E1 R2s with a single
> pilot number to span 2 as5300s for dialin data calls?
> AS5300 can only accomodate 4 E1 R2s ( quad E1,
> occupying one slot, other 2 slots are occupied by mica
> modems) and we're planning to get more than that. Are
> there any special configs for it to make it work using
> 2 5300s?
>
> Thanks.

If I understand your question well, this is something that should be done by
the telco. They manage the distribution of load across all your connections
to them. If traffic to the first RAS gets full, the telco directs subsequent
traffic to the other lines/RAS.

While the pilot number is the same for all lines, the lines are actually all
different circuits. The telco's switch should know how to play around them
all, at least, this is how we do it.