[nsp] 3550 not learning MAC addresses?

Yuval Ben-Ari yuvalba at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 7 06:08:37 EST 2004

is this switch acting as the L3 for those hosts ?
what if you try to ping the hosts from the switch do you see the MAC
learned then ?
does the hosts send traffic via this switch or via some alternative path
?
we had similar problem where hosts would use different path for outgoing
traffic then the path traffic was coming, as a result the switch which
was not in the outgoing path did not learn the MAC addresses and flooded
the traffic.
the solution was to make sure traffic is coming and going out via same
switch