[nsp] WIC Error on 3640

Greg Skouby gskouby at sitesnow.com
Fri Feb 13 11:40:01 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure a simple frame-relay on a 3640 running 12.2. I am
actually just moving this configuration from one WIC to another WIC in the
same network module so I doubt it is a software or configuration error but I
just wanted to double check with you guys first. It was working when it was
in the other WIC in the network module. The error I am getting when I try to
bring up the interface is: SERVICE_MODULE-4-WICNOTREADY. Browsing through
the docs it seems to be a hardware issue with the WIC at best and a hardware
issue with the NM at worst. Anybody run across this before or have any
input? Search results via [www|groups].google seem to be pretty sparse.
Thanks for your time.

Relevant config bits:

interface Serial0/1

 ip address 192.168.1.102 255.255.255.252

 encapsulation frame-relay IETF

 frame-relay interface-dlci 647