[nsp] kentrox hdlc

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Feb 29 03:45:45 EST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Gert Doering wrote:

> An easier approach would be to always use PPP.  It's well-standardized,
> you can beat vendors with the RFCs if needed, and has no major
> disadvantages anymore.

Ok, let's put it this way:

On a Cisco router with T3 interface (coax) I can do this:

(config-if)#dsu mode ?
  adtran        Set DSU mode to Adtran
  cisco         Set DSU mode to Cisco
  digital-link  Set DSU mode to Digital-Link
  kentrox       Set DSU mode to Kentrox
  larscom       Set DSU mode to Larscom

What are the difference between these? The PCI DS3 card driver is probably
implemented to use the Cisco DSU mode.

Anyhow, it doesnt work with the configuration:

"NM-HSSI" to "Kentrox IDSU" to "DS3 PCI card".

I have tried PPP and Cisco HDLC and standard HDLC. The above is the only
thing I can find that would stop this from working?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se