[nsp] multiple channel group per E1 support for 2600/3725

atticus at satanic.org atticus at satanic.org
Thu Jan 15 11:13:02 EST 2004

> Can anybody confirm whether or not an E1 controller module/WIC for a
> cisco 2600 or 3725 will support more than two channel groups per E1
> port?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b9c.html

    The VWICs also support a limited channelized capability where the T1
    or E1 service can be flexibly split into two fractional channel
    groups. Thus a single physical port can provide connection to two
    other sites. (Note:  when choosing this mode only a single port can be
    supported in each WIC slot.) Initially this capability is only
    supported on the Cisco 2600. (See Table 2 for details.)

> I know that a 720X with 8 port E1/PRI module will support multiple
> channel groups per E1, but that piece of hardware would be a little
> pricey!!

Depends on your value of pricey, but going the ebay approach should be
<$9k.