[nsp] Prioritisation of VoIP

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Thu Jan 22 05:53:28 EST 2004

Hello,

one more naive question: "How do I prioritise VoIP traffic on my cisco
network?"

Maybe it's a little too broad question, but I don't know where to start from
(even what to ask to the IP phone vendor).

So any hints, readings, good practice rules, etc. would be appreciated. I
have heard about ToS, DiffServ. What is more commonly used by VoIP gear
(keeping in mind that my VoIP gear will not be Cisco, only the transit
network will)? How do you handle this with Ciscos? What are the pros and
cons of each? Etc.

Thanks in advance

Vincent