[nsp] Default syslog source-interface

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:39:45 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:40:46 -0800
Bruce Pinsky <bep at whack.org> wrote:

> When you say "logging interface vlan XYZ" do you mean the command "logging
> source-interface vlan XYZ' and where vlan XYZ is the SVI at layer 3 for the
> collection of ports in VLAN XYZ?    If so, were the packets not sourced
> using the IP address assigned to the SVI?

This is the vlan interface in the IOS config on the MSFC router (hybrid).
The command 'logging source-interface vlan XYZ' where XYZ is a interface
vlan number in IOS.

I don't know the answer to your second question.  I didn't succeed in
discovering where those log messages went.  I didn't try very hard, but
I did not see any obvious hits on an ACL of the XYZ interface.

> When you say "setting source-interface to the directly connected interface
> vlan", which specific interface did you point the source-interface command
> at?  What it a physical interface or a logical interface?

The logical vlan interface.

John