[nsp] load balancing/DFP?

Jochen Kaiser Jochen.Kaiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jul 12 18:31:21 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:55:57PM -0500, Kuhtz, Christian wrote:

> Now, I don't understand exactly what it is you're trying to do.  What do you mean by "let you ask a load balanced server"?
>
> What are you wanting to do?  Implement SLB and check whether a server is alive, and if not remove from rotation?  Are you trying to SLB by transaction latency? ... something totally different?  Please describe in more detail ;)..

More precisely, I plan to query our mailservers for a variable
(snmp prefered) which influences the weight of the NLB-device.

(I don't want any NLB methods/algorithms which portion the packets
 because of any knowledge they gained because of numbers of connections
 or reaction times of the listening socket. I need direct feedback
 from the server.)

greetings
Jochen