[nsp] capacity of 7613

Anouk Rocher anouk at ureach.com
Wed Jul 14 17:43:14 EDT 2004

Lincoln,

Thanks for your excellent reply. I am wondering if the
architecture that you outlined applies to the 7603 as well.
Specifically, if I have a WS-SUP720--3BXL in a 7603, does it
deliver 40G of capacity to each of the remaining two slots (or
to the remaining one if I use a redundant configuration).

I ask this because some of the 7603 documentation mentions 32G
of aggregate capacity across the backplane. Ie it appears that
while the SUP720-3BXL can handle vastly more capacity, the
backplane on a 7603 would force it down to a total of 32G.

Thanks.
Anouk.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Thu, 08 Jul 2004, Lincoln Dale (ltd at cisco.com) wrote:

> At 12:05 PM 8/07/2004, Anouk Rocher wrote:
> >I am having some trouble deciphering cisco's slot allocation
for
> >the 7613. I am hoping somebody here can help me out -
> >
> >What is the maximum switching capacity one can get with a
single
> >WS-SUP720-3BXL engine, in a 7613? Can the remaining 12 slots
be
> >filled up with GE ports and will they go at line rate with a
> >single WS-SUP720-3BXL?
>
> the answer to this is dependent on what linecards you're
using.
[snip]