[nsp] subject line change?

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Wed Jul 21 19:56:57 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 01:19:45AM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:01:31PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > 	since there are a number of *-nsp lists on puck now,
> > i'm considering changing the subject line to c-nsp
>
> Please consider removing the tag completely.
>
> > 	this may cause problems for those of you using procmail
> > or other methods to sort your mail.
>
> People having a proper MUA environment and things like procmail have
> no deal with subject lines as they can filter properly using List-Id
> etc.
>
> > : H
> > ^List-Id:.<cisco-nsp.puck.nether.net>$
>
> This won't work.
>
> ^List-Id:.*<cisco-nsp.puck.nether.net>

But will that?

If you're talking procmail, probably need a "*" ...

* ^List-Id:.*<cisco-nsp.puck.nether.net>

but I won't claim to be positive :-)

My own delivery script includes

    elsif anyof (
      header :contains "List-id" [
			 "cisco-nsp.puck.nether.net",
			 "cisco-bba.puck.nether.net",
			 "ietf-mta-filters.imc.org" ],
	/* ... */
	keep;
    }

I don't particularly care for the [nsp] either, but then again if it
really bothered me greatly, I'd just put something in my script to edit
it out.  (Considering that Mailman does have per-user preferences, I'm a
little surprised that subject tagging isn't one of them... I just spent
some time on various Mailman sites but couldn't find it.)

mm