[c-nsp] Sup 720 Console

Tantsura, Jeff jeff.tantsura at capgemini.com
Wed Jul 28 04:26:35 EDT 2004

1.Try to set baud rate to 19200
2.Yes, you can

Jeff
-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
info at beprojects.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:18 PM
To: Cisco Nsp
Subject: [c-nsp] Sup 720 Console

Is there something strange with the Sup 720 console?  I've just plugged
into the first one I've ever used and I see all of the logging stuff,
but when I hit return, I get nothing.  I've verified that everything
works on a different router and switch and when I plug it into the Sup
720, once it boots up, I can't break in.  Any ideas?  (it's not speed,
parity, flow control, etc as it works fine on other devices)

On a side question, since the 720 uses slots 5/6, can you then use slots
1/2 for line cards?  I always thought they were reserved for Sups.