[nsp] Supervisor engine 2 DRAM

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Jun 1 00:13:21 EDT 2004

Nope, that's incorrect.

The MAC table and adj table memories are in the PFC and both are
independent of the DRAM.

DRAM on the sup is used to store L2 protocol data structures (think
spanning tree, etc) and shadow copies of the various L3 h/w forwarding
tables that are contained in the PFC.

Tim.

At 09:00 AM 5/31/2004, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net averred:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759