[nsp] Strange internal BGP session flaps

Jens Kuehlers kuehlers at schlund.net
Fri Jun 4 11:39:26 EDT 2004

Hi!

For the second time, we experienced now a strange BGP problem in our
IBGP. Both times, BGP sessions between a Cisco and a not directly
connected Juniper were flapping, although all other IBGP sessions in our
network were running fine.

The only thing strange we have seen is, if we make "show ip bgp neighbor
x.x.x.x" on the Cisco side:

  Keepalives are temporarily in throttle due to TCP

And the Cisco is really not sending keepalives out, that's why the
session is flapping.
In both cases, the first hop from the Cisco side was through a GigE
link, which is also used for other internal BGP sessions fine.

Has anybody ever had similar problems or seen this message?

Regards,
Jens Kuehlers

--
Jens Kühlers
Schlund + Partner AG            Mail: kuehlers at schlund.net
Brauerstr. 48                   Tel:  0721/91374-0
76135 Karlsruhe                 Fax:  0721/91374-212