[nsp] BGP Entries - Comparison

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Jun 16 12:07:59 EDT 2004

Paul Stewart wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for your feedback....:)
>
> It's only the one provider who is sending small subnets and wasting table
> sizes so I've contacted them (Bell Nexxia - Canada) to ask if this is
> standard for them or are we a special exception for some reason <lol>
>
> They are actually sending us over 3000 /29's for example, even /30's... The
> other two providers are not sending anything below /24's

The non-customer longer routes may be beneficial, so you may want to
write a filter to drop the longer routes originating from their AS but
permitting the longer routes (maybe only /25 and /26?) that are
transiting their AS.  You may be able to distinguish customer routes by
matching on communities assigned by the provider, YMMV.

pt