[nsp] PPS Interface Counters

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 08:31:19 EDT 2004

Hi Ryan,

You are correct, those are not real world figures. I
used simple numbers to represent the actual figures.
:p

Thanks for explaining how the pps is calculated. I
assume this is averaging out all the pps on all
interfaces to have a rough guage of the average pps
throughput?

Speaking of MRTG, do you know of any OID for Cisco
which shows say maybe the 5 minute average pps ?

I tried to view .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.6.0 and it shows an
ever increasing counter.

IP-MIB::ipForwDatagrams.0 = Counter32: 3650827250
IP-MIB::ipForwDatagrams.0 = Counter32: 3650828792

TIA!