[nsp] E1 (G703-X21-V35) interfaces

Vandy Hamidi vandy.hamidi at markettools.com
Tue Jun 22 13:44:28 EDT 2004

Building out a new office in Australia and I'm specing out a router to
plug in a VOICE E1.

The voice provider stated, "We can terminate it on whatever interface is
suitable to your equipment on site - G703 unstructured or X.21 or V.35
structured services"

>From what I understand.  G703 is direct E1 from the Provider.  X21 and
V.35 are hand-offs after it has been run through the providers DSU.

My questions are:
1. What is unstructured v. structured
2. I've seen unbalanced and balanced for g703.  What the heck is that?
3. Do I need to get a special type of VWIC for this? (going into a Cisco
2651XM)
4. What type of connector is going to be handed off.
	Cisco VWIC is RJ45/48 and I've heard G703 is BNC?????

Any information to clarify this fog would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

	-=Vandy=-