[nsp] Regarding Cisco 1700 with WIC ADSL

CHINTAN J SHAH chintanshah.j at ddsl.net
Wed Jun 23 16:27:18 EDT 2004

Dear All,

This may not be perfect group for this question. But I'm not finding any group to reslove my doubt so, given mail to this group as it is very urgent.

We plan to use either a Cisco 1700 or 2600 router to terminate  DSL line using a Cisco ADSL card.

Cisco have stated that the ADSL WIC will interoperate with Alcatel DMT 2 DSLAMs that uses the Alcatel chipset or the Cisco 6130/6260 DSLAM using the 4xFlexi line cards.

It supports ADSL features ANSI T1.413 issue 2 and ITU 992.1 (G.dmt) and asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) AAL5 and AAL2 on 2600/3600 and AAL5 on 1700.

My Service provider using G. Lite (half rate DMT - ITU G.992.2) at theri side DSLAMs.

I want to know whether Cisco 1700 router with ADSL WIC work with this DSLAM or not as not having G.Lite standard at CPE end.

Pl. reply as it is urgent.

Regards,
chintan