[nsp] E1 (G703-X21-V35) interfaces

Vandy Hamidi vandy.hamidi at markettools.com
Thu Jun 24 17:15:58 EDT 2004

Thank you Stephen for the detail,
I've got some additional information.

In Australia, you have a choice to receive BNC or RJ45 from your
provider.
My voice provider asked if I wanted "75 Ohm BNC, 120 Ohm RJ45?"
G703 is used to get an unstructured (unframed) E1 which will bump the
throughput to 2048Kbits/s (using all 32 64K TDM Channels).

X21 and V35 connections are available IF you want the provider to
provide the DSU and hand off to the CPE (you) a serial connection (x21
or v35).

This is used for fractional E1's because the provider can timeslice the
TDM and hand you 1024Kb, so I was told.

Cisco does sell a BNC to RJ45 converter.  Forget that.  I just need to
have the RJ45/48 handoff specified in the order.

	-=Vandy=-