[nsp] DHCP bindings

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Thu Mar 11 19:37:03 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently using the IOS dhcp server to serve addresses to our DSL
customers that don't want static addresses.  Generally these folks don't
want to fiddle with settings, or they are overly paranoid about the RIAA,
etc. and don't want to keep using the same IP.

Is there any way to tell the IOS DHCP server to *not* try to keep handing
out the same IP?  It seems some people get different IPs on release/renew
some don't.  On the ones that don't, I see the following:

216.220.x.x  0100.0c41.8570.5b       Mar 12 2004 04:21 AM    Automatic
     "sticky address" ----> ^^

216.220.x.x  0003.9326.8a10          Mar 12 2004 05:05 AM    Automatic
      normal address

What do those two extra hex digits after the MAC address refer to?

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman