[nsp] VLAN database propagation

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Thu Mar 18 09:46:27 EST 2004

Great, so it is not just me that thinks VTP is evil!

<rant>
I have made a whole bunch of feature requests asking that the default
mode be changed to transparent, but apparently Cisco believes
plug-and-play is more important than reliability. How many people on
the list have had someone plug in an old / test switch that has a
higher VLAN version number than their production switches and lost all
of their VLANs because of this?

Yes, our standard template does have "vtp transparent" in it (I have
surrounded it with comments promising GBH to anyone who misses the
line), but there is always someone who misses it, doesn't apply the
template because it is "just temporary".

</rant>

Warren.