[nsp] rebuilding ATM interface

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Thu Mar 18 15:26:42 EST 2004

I'm building a subinterface on an ATM DS3 port on a new 7200 I recently
installed.  I mistakenly built the subif as multipoint instead of point
to point.  When I delete the multipoint subif and rebuild a point-to-point,
I get a warning that I can't change the link type.

I know in the IOS frame relay world, the "clear frame-relay inarp" command
works wonders for clearing out stale frame PVC info.  Is there an equivalent
command for ATM, so I can remove all traces of the old subif without having
to reboot the router?  I've tried several commands but none of them seemed
to work.

Thanks
jms