[nsp] rspan vlan definition on native IOS (sup720) as VTP master?

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon May 17 17:40:03 EDT 2004

VLAN database config mode is essentially deprecated. I don't think any new functionality has been added there in quite some time. You can do RSPAN configuration under normal IOS config mode.

tstevens-6506#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
tstevens-6506(config)#vla 300
tstevens-6506(config-vlan)#rem?
remote-span

tstevens-6506(config-vlan)#rem

Yes, this is supported in 12.2SX, feature navigator is incorrect.

Tim

At 11:54 AM 5/17/2004, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net opined:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759