[c-nsp] BGP on 6400 NRP, anyone doing it?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Nov 2 12:17:29 EST 2004

> Specifically I have a set of NRP's that need to take 1 iBGP feed and 1 eBGP
> feed,  and I have been told that
> these do not play well with BGP, the sessions drop for unknown reasons, etc
> and are just unreliable when
> it comes to thinking about running BGP on them.

I was getting to a point where I would have needed to do this at my
previous job, however we migrated off of the 6400 before turning up BGP
became necessary.  With 128MB on the NRP2, taking full feeds is not
practical.

The one instance where I needed to provide BGP to a downstream customer
off of one of those, I ended up doing EBGP multi-hop (yes, I know....)
until I ripped out the 6400 and could re-do the BGP session correctly.

jms