[c-nsp] Question about NAT Rate Limiting

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Mon Nov 15 21:25:47 EST 2004

I have a question regarding the NAT rate limiting in 12.3:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/
products_feature_guide09186a00801d09f0.html#1027258

I understand you can globally limit the number of NAT translations:

ip nat translation max-entries 300

or you can limit a single host

ip nat translation max-entries host 127.0.0.1 300

can you use the ACL functionality to set a maximum amount of entries on
a per host level?  For example:

ip nat translation max-entries list perHost 100
ip access-list extended perHost
	permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any

would the above make it so that each host in 192.168.1.0 had its own
max-entries of 100, or would that be shared across all hosts in the
ACL?  I am trying to look for a way so that each host has its own
"max-entries" without having to set a bunch of lines specifically
setting it for each host.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP
Network Engineer