[c-nsp] Re: VPDN & RAIDUS Problems/configurations

M.Palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Fri Nov 26 04:52:09 EST 2004

Oli Hi
Everything works fine with the Tunnel-Client-Auth-Id = :1:vpntest
attribute..

The only think that remain is that I have to globally  assigned the name of
the user that returns the tunnel attributes using the ip host command as
below.

ip host vpn 192.168.1.1

>From the debugs I found out that when the LAC radius returns the tunnel
attributs to the LAC, the LAC forwards the attributes to the LNS in order to
establish the tunnel, but the LNS tries to resolve the host name (in my case
VPN). In case it does not resolve it, it drops the tunnel. If I configure it
statically on the LNS then everything works fine. I search  Cisco but I did
not found any documentation to overcome this problem. I disable
domain-lookup on router without any success. Problem know is that for every
customer VPN I have to statically configure the names on the LNS which is
not what we want. We are thinking of create DNS entries on our DNS, but I
believe their must be a way to do it on the LNS.

vpn     Password="cisco", Service-Type = Outbound-User
>         Tunnel-Type = :1:L2TP,
>         Tunnel-Medium-Type = :1:IP,
>         Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = :1:1192.168.1.1,
>         Tunnel-Assignment-ID = :1:vpntest,
>         Tunnel-Password = :1:test

Thanks again  for your support