[c-nsp] OSPF NSSA Question

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Oct 3 23:41:19 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Jay Hennigan wrote:

> If you have Smartnet you can always open a priority 4 TAC case and ask
> about the implications of a large number of ospf areas, specifically on
> your hardware.

I'd be very afraid of doing 100 OSPF areas on a single device without
TAC's (preferably someone from development's) blessing.  I've had "really
weird routing failures" with just a handful of OSPF areas on a 7206 which
were solved by reducing the number of areas.  That was a couple years
back, probably with 11.1CC code IIRC.