[c-nsp] multiple CAR limits on an interface

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Mon Oct 4 16:07:21 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Andy Dills wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience with how many MAC access-list rate-limit
> statements can be used on an interface without problems? (VIP2-50, PA-TX).
>
> I need to do about 50, but the aggregate bandwidth for the entire
> interface is only about 15mbps.
>
> I'm guessing this would be no problem, but I'd like to hear from the list.

After doing some more research, I found an old thread on this list from
the fall of 2000.

According to some thoughts posted there, the only limitations (from lab
testing) were on the number of ACLs that could possibly be created in the
first place (100). One person mentioned they were running 90 some
rate-limit statements on a single interface with no problem.

If I could get one other person to just confirm for me that they have run
a bunch of rate-limit statements on a single interface (in production), I
would be really appreciative. I'm unfortunately not in a position where I
can labtest this.

Andy

---
Andy Dills