[c-nsp] Weird telnet problem on 7204VXR

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Wed Oct 13 02:07:46 EDT 2004

It's a bug. If you do a "show line vty X", you should see "Ctrl-C
Enabled" under the "Status" for the line. This causes the Username
prompt to timeout immediately when you try to use that line. It should
only effect one of the vty lines (although it may be vty 0 which is
the worst), but if you telnet back to the router right away, you
should get another line which should not have this problem. There is
no way to clear the condition, short of a reload.

If you have ATM on this box and recently did an "atm ping" command,
you could be running into CSCdx55178. If not, I'd be interested to
find out what commands were recently executed on the vty, if you have
command accounting or some such enabled. Thanks.

Dennis