[c-nsp] Disappearing Interfaces in config

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Oct 20 04:01:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:00:54PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> If I tftp my good config to "flash:startup-config" and then reload the

Do you really want to write it to *flash*?  This depends on your setup,
of course, but the NVRAM config is just "startup-config", without
"flash:".

> router, is it going to try and update that with it's own bogus idea of the
> config as it reloads?

It will eventually ask you for

router# reload
System configuration has been modified. Save? [yes/no]:

if you enter "yes" here, it will overwrite the startup-config.  If you
enter "no", it will not break anything, and just reload.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de