[c-nsp] VPI/VCI limits on 7206VXR

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Sat Oct 23 13:03:13 EDT 2004

Hi All -

I have a request into TAC with this, but I'm hoping I can get a faster
answer here.  We're using a 7206vxr to terminate DSL connections.

What I need to know is how many VPIs a 7206 running 12.2.26 will
support.
The initial TAC answer was "0-15 by default" and then he pointed me to
a document on the `atm vc-per-vp` command, which tells me

ATM port adapter for Cisco 7200 series and 7500 series—Valid values are
16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, and 2048.

That's all fine, but can anyone tell me what my number of available
VPIs changes to if I set `atm vc-per-vp 16` ?

There doesn't seem to be a table that shows the various VPI/VCI
permutations possible.

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator