[c-nsp] EIGRP Adversing Problem

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Oct 26 13:59:25 EDT 2004

Jason Lixfeld <> wrote on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 7:38 PM:

> Use the eigrp router passive-interface command.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tk207/
> technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f0a.shtml

passive-interface will only prevent an EIGRP adjacency being formed over
this link, the link address will still be advertised.. the only way to
prevent this from happening was mentioned by Bruce earlier :

>Well, it depends.  You could adjust your "network" statements in EIGRP
>not include that network or subnetwork.  Or you could use
distribute-lists
>to filter it out.

In halfway modern code (at least 12.2 and later, I think 12.1 as well)
you can use "network <network> <wildcard>" to exactly specify the
interfaces' addresses which you want to be covered by EIGRP.. works
similar to the way you setup OSPF..

	oli