[c-nsp] ios 12.2(17b)SXA and catalyst 6500

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Fri Sep 3 17:07:40 EDT 2004

Rubens Kuhl writes:
> Replacement image at the advisory is 12.2(17d)SXB1, but now there
> are also available 12.2.18-SXD(lots of fixes, some new supported
> hardware and features) and 12.2.17d-SXB3(some fixes after
> SXB1). 17d-SXB3 is newer than 18-SXD.

> Any experiences on these versions with Sup720 (not -3BXL) ?

We have been using 12.2(18)SXD on two backwater routers for more than
a month, and on a busy EBGP router for two days.  Works well so far,
although the config was modified in a few minor ways from the earlier
image (12.2(17d)SXB): two BGP peerings got their MD5 passwords broken
somehow (curiously, the others continued to work), "snmp-server enable
traps config" disappeared and can no longer be configured, and we had
to add a "view" attribute to a community definition to make SNMPv2c
work again (SNMPv1 continued to work).

No showstoppers - traffic kept flowing just fine (except for the two
broken peerings until we noticed and re-entered the MD5 passwords).

The routers run IPv4 (unicast+multicast) and IPv6, BGP, OSPFv2,
OSPFv3, ACLs, Netflow (NDE), various types of GE interfaces including
OSMs.  No MPLS, all Sup720 (non-3BXL).

One small issue with a new feature (NSF/SSO): When trying a failover
on a dual-Sup720 router using the new SSO/NSF redundancy mode, we
noticed a small problem: in our configuration we have

  ipv6 router ospf 1
    redistribute connected metric-type 1 route-map foo
  [...]
  ipv6 prefix-list bar ...
  route-map foo
   match ipv6 address prefix-list bar

After the failover, the "connected" routes aren't distributed into
OSPFv3.  Looks like the route-map is still missing when the
"redistribute connected route-map foo".  When doing a cold-boot,
everything comes up as desired.
--
Simon.