[c-nsp] Tools to analyze and process gathered Netflow-Data

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Tue Sep 14 17:30:35 EDT 2004

Hello Cisco gurus,

I'd like to analyze our traffic and find out how much traffic is going
to a specific Asn.
Netflow is the perfect tool to gather all the traffic data but what's
the best tool you'd recommend to analyze and process the data. I'd
prefer free software that runs under Linux.

I'm not only looking at this specific purpose but for netflow-tools in
general... So if there's a cool tool I need please let me know :-)

We have been using "NetFlow Monitor" from http://netflow.cesnet.cz/
which is a good tool but seems to consume a lot of cpu power on the
machine analyzing the flows and - more important - doesn't provide a
total sum of gigabytes per Asn.

Thanks,
Gunther