[c-nsp] tx-ring-limit tuning

A akko at westnet.com.au
Thu Sep 16 20:03:43 EDT 2004

Yes I've come across that webpage in my research of our current problem,
after it was suggested by a CCIE that I look into tuning this paramater
amongst other things.

I gather the hope was that by increasing the tx-ring-limit it would enable
us to push the utilisation of the links above 75% without seeing any
performance issues?

That said maybe we are on the wrong track all together and need to be
looking else where for the cause of our current performance issues.

Has anyone experienced these sort of symptoms before that might be able to
shed some additional light on the subject?